One of the places a financially independent retiree can get the biggest discount bang for the buck is with Travel Discounts. Trimming 10% from your Hotel room’s charges or Rental Car over a week or from your airfare will add up to super savings and it is just there for the asking.
Remember that Senior Travel Discounts can change over time so always ask about them and what they are offering.
Senior Travel Discounts on Airfare
- American Airlines: Various discounts for 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- Continental Airlines: No initiation fee for Continental Presidents Club & special fares for select destinations
- Southwest Airlines: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- United Airlines: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- S. Airways: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
Senior Travel Discounts on Rental Cars
- Alamo Car Rental: Up to 25% off for AARP members
- Avis: Up to 25% off for AARP members
- Budget Rental Cars: 10% off; up to 20% off for AARP members (50+)
- Dollar Rent-A-Car: 10% off (50+)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members
- Hertz: Up to 25% off for AARP members
- National Rent-A-Car: Up to 30% off for AARP members
Planning a trip to Europe? If you are looking for European Car Rental Discounts then check out AutoEurope.com.
The Auto Europe Advantage:
- Compares Multiple Rental Companies like Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc. for the Best Rates
- Upfront Pricing and No Hidden Fees
- Ready-to-Go Pickup Guarantee, Or It’s On Them!
- 24/7 Service Hotline from Pickup to Drop-off
Specials and Discounts:
- Travel Deals and Specials– Book early and save.
- Military –5% military discount applies to any car rental booked online in any location around the world. Go to this page to activate the discount.
- AARP – 5% discount on international service. Go to this page to activate the discount.
- AAA – 5% discount on international services. Go to this page to activate the discount.
Senior Travel Discounts on Hotels
- Best Western: 10% or more for AARP or senior guests (55+)
- Candlewood Suites: Discounts vary (62+)
- Crown Plaza: Discounts vary (62+)
- Days Inn: Discounts vary (60+)
- Holiday Inn: Discounts vary (62+)
- Howard Johnson Hotels: Discounts off best available rate (60+)
- Hyatt: Up to 50% off (62+)
- Knights Inn: Up to 10% off (60+)
- La QuintaInns: Discounts vary (65+)
- Marriott: 15% off (62+)
- Motel 6: 10% off (60+)
- Super 8: Seniors save 10% off (up to 20% with AARP card)
- Travelodge: Discounts vary (60+)
- Wyndham Hotels: Up to 20% with AARP card
Additional Senior Travel Discounts and Deals
There are many travel discounts to be found.
Traveling by Bus:
- Greyhound offers senior discounts (62+) for Bus travel
- Peter Pan offers senior discounts (62+) for Bus travel
- Trailways offers senior discounts (62+) for Bus travel
Traveling by Train:
- Amtrak offers a 10% discount senior discounts if you’re 60+ and a 15% discount if you’re 62+.
- VIA Rail Canada offers a 10% discount senior discounts if you’re 60+ and a 15% discount if you’re 62+.
Traveling by Cruise Ship:
All below at times will offer travel discount deals to seniors 55+. Check with the cruise line for specific details.
- Costa Cruises
- Croisières de France (CDF)
- MSC Cruises
- Royal Caribbean
- Swan Hellenic
- Voyages of Discovery
- Voyages to Antiquity
You can also google cheap cruises and see what sites come up. I signed up to get last minute deals with Vacations to go and the deals look pretty good. We hope to try them out soon.
It gives you the ability to list your city or town/State and search for discounts under the following categories:
- Food and Drink
- Health and Beauty
- Home and Garden
If you don’t find what you are looking for on the above list then Sciddy.com is a great site to check out.
Remember that Senior Travel Discounts are not typically advertised. If they are they are usually buried in their fine print so always ask if they offer senior discounts. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.